Sunday, May 18, 2008

In Love with Nick Rhodes

I was browsing through the net on eccentrics. Be them from the music industry or the fashion industry. We have the ever fabulous John Galliano. Suddenly i remembered one personality that I used to admire during my school days. He was Nick Rhodes ( yeah mua is not that young).






Duran Duran - Nick Rhodes is standing in the middle.


I am not saying that Rhodes was an eccentric but he was different. During the time when David Bowie and members of Motley Crue look totally out of this world in comparison to Michael Jackson and New Kids On The Block, Nick Rhodes showed the world wearing make up enhances one's features if you do it right. Anybody could wear make up is the shout of that day. Coupled up with some fashion sense. There you go.... Nick Rhodes that as we knew him back then. (It seemed he has shed his make ups a few years back).






As a small kid, I loved his fashion. Apart from the late Syed Anaz, I did not see anyone in Malaysia daring enough to even become Bowie. I loved everything from his ever changing hairstyle, vanity touches (make up lah) to his fashion statement. Below is my favourite.


Rhodes on his wedding day to Julie Ann Friedman, american model. I love the pictures on his wedding day. Alice in Wonderland kind of thing. Hey, I was a kid. Of course I referred to children's story. I could not find more of the wedding pictures on the net. I had few of them but could not find them. They would have biodegraded by now. Heheee.....


More pictures of Rhodes below:


This perhaps from the era of their famous song 'The Reflex'



I would guess this from his first Arcadia album days

The below simply drives me crazy.




p/s Nick Rhodes was a big influence on my younger days.

No comments: